Thursday 18 September 2008

AND ON A DIFFERENT NOTE

Polko is now getting bored of posting pessimistic doom and gloom related to the financial world.. to be quite honest, I don't care, can't do anything more about it, the sun is shining making it a great September morning out there on the hills and I've just noticed the heather on the moors outside is turning my favourite colour of the year - a patchy darkish red. I used to live in the city and would like to think I was always slightly connected with my surroundings, but where I live now has somehow heightened my senses and perceptions of the changing moods of nature.

Life's great when you forget what you can't affect and add up all the little things that are happening around you.

So, to kickstart a different topic and (slightly) lighten the subject matter..
a press clipping
.

The people responsible for this type of reporting need to take a look out of their window and smell their morning coffee...


I didn't quite understand at first, what was the relevance of the number 5 being African-American? Then I twigged what was going on here.. Would it really offend anyone if they simply reported that the team wore a Black 5 on their arm for a few games and a Black Armband instead of a very clumsy to read
"a African-American armband"?

Political Correctness gone mad.. now back to my morning coffee..

No comments: