Tuesday 21 October 2008

ANALOGUE/DIGITAL

I have been spending some time surfing around Youtube and elsewhere saving down live tracks to WAV files and then converting them into mp3's recently. Easy enough to do, even with Windows in-built Sound Recorder and a simple WAV to MP3 filter package (do a google on saving youtube audio with sound recorder and you'll get to the same starting point).

But, among all this searching.. and waiting.. (I have a relatively slow broadband connection, boo hoo..) I came across a new concept in electronic music, something of which I am particularly fond. The reacTable is a new instrument that has made it from University PhD project to stage courtesy of Bjork in 2007 and no doubt others very soon. Take a look at the initial demo below..



I also then took a look around at other developments and found the reacTogon. A nice easy to follow Youtube clip can be seen here..



All a long way away from this..



Though in my eyes they remain the undisputable Kings of Electronic Keyboards!!!

No comments: