Friday 14 August 2009

NEXT GENERATION

The BBC is running a story of a reporter who has sat with some nine year olds and asked them about money and their future. Interesting enough. Worth a read. It's here.

The final section is very illuminating though. A question is asked about what would you do if you didn't have enough money to live.. The responses are worrying. Click here for the entire page but here's the end section:

If you had children but not enough money to feed them, what would you do?

V: Go to my parents, or an older brother or sister, or a good friend.

E: I would first of all start begging on the streets, secondly start praying, and thirdly, ask my friends for some money.

G: I'd make sure I looked good so I could get a very rich husband who could pay for things.

Not one mention of going out and getting a job, working harder, buying and selling anything, going off and getting training to earn more in the future. Three responses that are, from where I'm sat, all too typical of the generation that is coming up (and I don't just mean 9 yr olds). That's where I'm going wrong. I'm still sat here in my pyjamas and need to go and make myself look good so I can get a wife that has loadsa money.

I can't help but think the BBC edited this section, but if they didn't God help us all. Whoever he is.

No comments: