Friday 11 February 2011

MISSED OPPORTUNITIES..

 
My life is filled with them.  But before you go for the hankie drawer and commiserate with me I must admit they are not that important..


I used to play ice hockey, still love watching it and from time to time plot an escape from this green and pleasant land (?) and catch an NHL game or three in America.

This would have been an amazing week to have done so.

Montreal Canadiens met Boston Bruins on Wednesday evening and lost (boo hoo! my favourite team) but the match was eventful to say the least - 172 penalty minutes, fights galore, goals galore (final score 8-6)..

Then Thursday night the Canadiens travelled to my other fave team of the NHL, New York Islanders.  Hard to say which I prefer really - Montreal an 'original 6' team of the Hockey League from 100 years ago and loads of amazing history and culture or NY Islanders, a newer upstart that doesn't have as much money, has a scrappy rink relative to the Canadiens and stuck out in a Long Island backwater relative to the other NY team (Rangers) who play at Madison Square Garden.

Islanders beat the Canadiens - battered and bruised from their defeat on Wednesday I guess.

And Friday comes.. Islanders play against the Pittsburgh Penguins tonight, an altogether much more difficult game for them - and NY have launched a load of tickets at only $49 (I usually end up paying around twice that) with a load of offers attached - All You Can Eat Seat, Get Your Gear Seat etc etc


bah! I couldn't have gone.  Too busy with work.  But then I will soon.  Very soon.
 

No comments: