Tuesday 20 October 2009

MOO!

One of my facebook friends is more of an active environmentalist than me - given she runs a very reputable environmental economics business.. I used to be but these days have fallen into the shameful world of property development. Somebody has to. Actually, most of the people I work with are very much into green buildings these days and there is a lot to be said for building places where people can work. It'd be a strange world that was thriving environmentally and on its knees economically?

So, in a vain attempt at trying to offset my actions in a carbon-neutral kind of way (tongue firmly in cheek) I am posting a link to an excellent blog that everybody reading this should go and check out. To be honest, it's better than spending your time reading my twoddle!

http://cowburps.wordpress.com/

In other news, I have just come back from a most enjoyable weekend away in Birmingham.

Once a city that nobody wanted to go to (and I should know, I spent two or three years travelling backwards and forwards to work there during the week - not once did I even think about moving permanently and I only ever spent one weekend there in that whole time) it now makes for a very enjoyable weekend away. Good shops, Illy coffee bars in art galleries, great food, hotels and - something I've always strangely found about the city - it was warmer and sunnier than from whence I had come!


I still wouldn't sell up and move there though?

No comments: