Saturday 9 January 2010

CRIME..


It comes to something when a sad event happens - a very brave man trying to stop a crime happening has been killed in Barking this weekend (story link here) - and the chief of Police makes a statement that, "I would not encourage members of the public do that."


So, now the Police are saying don't try to stop crime in your neighbourhood. Let it happen. We'll detect it afterwards.



Like they do.



Time this country woke up? Time people start speaking up, being counted and being human again rather than just humans simply being (in between episodes of Celebrity I'm Trapped in a House owned by a larger next of kin than me and there's nothing really going on in here on Ice) methinks.

2010 is a year in which I for one have decided to become a little more vocal and more action-led in my life. If you don't like it, step off. Hopefully, others will take a similar line. Otherwise, it might be me or you that's next in line?

[addition: I notice in the days that have followed this story the Police have changed very subtley the press announcements. There is now an announcement by the Metropolitan Police that simply says they support people becoming involved in instances like this, but only when and where their own safety is assured.. It's a welcome start?]

No comments: