Sunday 16 May 2010

WHAT A WHOPPER!


  
I am having to work today, a Sunday.  A very rare ocassion for me, but worth it believe you me.  My leisure time doesn't come cheap so if you want a piece of it, you're gonna have to pay a huge whopping amount per hour for me!

Talking of whoppers, I noticed this morning that somebody in the UK won the Euromillions Lottery prize outright.  A huge £84m+ for one winning ticket.  I reckon even Charlie would've swapped in that slip of golden Wonka paper for that lottery ticket?!

But, it does make you wonder how the people that suddenly come into such a large sum (you could launch a fairly serious takeover of a stock market listed company with that kind of cash) cope with it.  I wish them well.

All I know for certain is.. it wasn't me! so on with the Sunday working.  Which makes a refreshing change to be honest.. just not every weekend!

A quick late addition, something I've stumbled across today in a search for research on housing market trends since the Census (if you have any, pls contact me!): a recent research paper on The First 15 years of the UK National Lottery was published by the House of Commons Research Library in late 2009. Link is here.  Some interesting highlights.
  

No comments: