Friday 17 September 2010

HOKEY COKEY ON PS3


  
in out, in out,
shake it all about
do the hokey cokey and turn around..


No. You are not about to read about the latest game release for the Playstation 3.  Read on dear reader..

I have my PS3 in bits at the moment.  In fact, the main motherboard has been in and out five times in a wildly random process of trying to make it work again.  I am self-certified the fastest PS3 dis-assembler in the west.

I have what is known as the (adjust in your mind if you will to a gigantic echoey voice pattern when reading the next bit) 'Yellow Light of Death....'  death.... death...

You get the point.

Not funny though when you are as much of an addict on FarCry 2 as I.

It's been two and a bit weeks now.

The only final (fingers and toes crossed) solution is to re-flow the solder that holds in the two main processors - one for graphics, one for all other things.  Seems Sony used poor quality heat paste.  It eventually dries out and causes the chips to overheat and crack the solder fixings to the motherboard.  Yellow light.  Nothing else happening.

the culprits!

So, if anyone I know, or you know, has a good quality heatgun that can heat to 400 degrees C or more, please drop me a line.
 

No comments: