Wednesday 15 December 2010

WHAT A DIFFERENCE..

  
..a day makes?

I have set up my Google home page with a widget that tells me on this day plenty of events happened in history..

1791:     Bill of Rights adopted
1890:     Sitting Bull killed while being arrested
1891:     Canadian J. Naismith invents basketball
1892:     Oil magnate and author, J Paul Getty born in Minneapolis, Minnesota
1994:     Netscape Navigator 1.0 released

Anyone remember Netscape Navigator 1.0?  I do, it revolutionised my life at the time, massive improvement in graphics rendering for the few pictures that were out there on the web.  Great search box. Oh those days....

The other stuff is, as usual, very USA-centric.  If anybody knows of a good widget that reports 'on this day in history..' global info drop me a line.  There's also a lot of USA based ones for Android devices and, I am sure, for the Apple iPhone too.

I should, of course, go out and write the app!

15 minutes of fame and all that.

But I probably won't.

 

No comments: