Friday 17 July 2009

POSITIVE THINKING

People are not exactly happy right now. And I mean this generally and, through those that I meet in my day to day going about the place, I mean it specifically. Why? Some of the causes are obvious - economic woes, global flu pandemic worries, dare I even add over-consumption in the last boom period?

What is clear to me is that the underlying problems of many people - and certainly society (and what is society but the actions of each person summed?) - is they are in shock.


The credit crunch was one shock, the resulting downturn in demand and economic recession period is another that we are running along the bottom of. News that maybe 100,000 people per day in the UK alone will be catching an unknown flu and death rates estimated by central government of between 6,500 and 750,000 (no, really, who on earth leaked that estimate range??). Damn, some people are even having to hand back the keys to their houses and their B M double shits and Range Rover Shits, sorry Sports.. All shocks to the people involved.


What history will tell you is that shocks cause people to do things differently, sometimes radically differently.

My own shock (I reckon to date I'm lucky as I've only really had one) occurred in Spring 2004, a crime that made me and my close ones look at life in a different w
ay. We sold up, bought into a new way and as a result changed our life radically. I mean look at my big cock on the top picture.. who would have thought I'd ever have a big cock!


lol

So, people who are sitting waiting for the normal world to return, businesses who are trying to sit it out, countries that are trying to stimulate old ways of doing things, demand management, quantitative easing - call it what you want - all these groups are playing the wrong cards. Once the recession is over, however it ends and economic growth returns (and there's another implicit assumption that might not be right to make?) the world will be a different place, operating by different rules to some extent or another.


Get thinking. The rule book just got thrown out of the window. The new one has not yet been written.

Opportunities abound. Now!

No comments: