Monday 27 July 2009

REALIT-V

As I was having a relatively laid back day at work today I was playing a random playlist of tracks. I say random. I mean barely random in the spirit of being drawn from my own hand-picked collection of mp3's that sit safe and happy on my 500Gb external hard drive. A back up of everything that is Polko-digital. And why not? Given Polko is somewhat of a digital ego anyway?

Anywaaaay...


I'm not a U2 fan but.. isn't Beautiful Day a great track? Or is it just my mood today? Or the fact that it has stopped raining at last today and I find I have to go to the post office with my 48 year old classic car sat outside and ready to please. It may be a slightly indirect journey?

So here they are. Simple and plain. Like the way I spell my name.

The traffic is stuck and you're not moving anywhere.
You thought you’d found a friend to take you out of this place
Someone you could lend a hand in return for grace

It's a beautiful day,
the sky falls
And you feel like
it's a beautiful day,
Don’t let it get away

This track was followed by Spiller's Groovejet.. big change!

Parts of the track also reminded me of someone that I have 'bumped' into and off recently. But more pertinent perhaps are these lyrics from Roland Orzabal - always good listening if he's behind the lyrics..

Wake up
You've had an operation
Ideas above your station
Too much reality
(Everybody Loves A Happy Ending, from CD of same name)

Says it all about the individual in question really. I'd only embellish it further by changing reality to realit-v. But it was written sometime before 2004, slightly ahead of the mass invasion of the nation by reality shows. A better day. A more beautiful day in fact.

Gotta go now. A Nick Cave track has just entered the playlist and that's a very different mood for a very different days blogging.

No comments: