Monday 29 March 2010

MAD MAD MAD.. CRAZY MAD..


Something has been bugging me for ages. Like a few years in fact. And it's this.

There's a property entrepreneur in Manchester called Tom Bloxham whose company I have prepared work for from time to time.  His face reminds me of someone.  I've been unable to fully identify who else he looks like, or they look like him. You get the idea.

But, I think I have it.  Courtesy of a very odd doctored photo of Mick Jones, he of The Clash and Big Audio Dynamite, that I stumbled across to day on his current bands website - Carbon/Silicon.  (Check them out by the way, full of politico-environmental lyrics as you might expect from such a superior wordsmith as Mr Jones - ...smith from Jones haha very clever if I say so myself!).  Best of all they do everything (except live gigs) for free - get to their site download area and bag yourself an MP-Free as Mick would pronounce it..

Anyway..

Here's Mick in strange stereo:



And here's Tom:



As you can see I have been wrong all along.  I don't think they look much alike at all now I've spent 5 minutes with Fireworks and brought them alongside each other.


In fact, here's another pic from the front Carbon/Silicon website page.  Tom Bloxham may indeed look more like another of my favourite musicians. Mick's right hand man in Carbon/Silicon Tony James (Generation X, London SS, Sigue Sigue Sputnik).





So the moral of the story is.. sometimes (just sometimes ) you can't trust your own judgement.

No comments: