Sunday 19 April 2009

MEMORIES..

Mrs Polko was out the other night so I settled in to watch a lads movie.. not that Mrs Polko has any particular problem with watching this stuff either.. but I've been casting my mind back a bit lately and wondering what other of life's paths I might have found myself on..

So.. I dug out my copy of The Football Factory and watched it. In another time and in a very different phase of my life I used to run with a load of lads in a northern town not far from here. The clothes remain, thankfully the attitude to violence has - shall we say - been tempered. Life re-focuses you in all sorts of ways.

Anyway, my favourite scene for comedy value as much as bringing back memories is this one, set the morning after Danny Dyer and his mate have pulled two girls in a London nightclub..


I don't miss those days but I do look back and smile from time to time, but then from where I am now I can afford to. Things could have worked out different. Very different indeed.


No comments: